Tuesday 28 June 2011

My Friend, Bumble.

This year because I have planted lots of wild flowers for my Honey Bees, (who mostly ignore them and head off elsewhere) we have been lucky enough to have more visits from Bumble Bees.  I was using my manual mower, (again trying to be bee friendly) and for 30 mins I kept feeling this bumble crawling on shoulder.  I thought I would leave her bee , she will go soon, but no, when she got caught in my hair, I had to shake her off.  I left her in the dining room while I finished the mowing, and she waited!
I couldn't just leave her so I put my hand out and she happily crawled on, a cup of tea later, what to do, she seemed to have moved in. Out to the garden with you, you can stay, but you will be an outdoor pet! 






I have seen bumble bees previously on the pansies, so that will please her, she put out a couple of legs and appeared to make the move......But no, before I could pull away she jumped back on. Perhaps it was a heat thing, it was a nippy day. I wandered around the garden trying to tempt her with geraniums, fuchsias, marigolds, poppys etc all to no avail.  I had to show some tough love, it was going to be the sunflower.  In the end, I had to push her and step back really quickly.  Hopefully she made it home eventually.


No comments:

Post a Comment