Monday 28 May 2012

Bees, Flowers and Neighbours

The bees have lodged with me for over a year so far, and the only time I am aware that they have stung is during and an hour or so after an inspection.  
My roses are on the bees route, this variety has an open bloom so they can reach the centre easily.  My neighbour swears that a plum tree that he has had for years has never bore as much fruit as it is showing this year due to the girls working on it. 
This flower border Campanula cochleariifolia is on our dog walking route and we regularly see the girls visiting the blooms. 

This bush Olearia x haastii or daisy bush is in our garden and I don't remember it being so full of blossom last year.  
My girls visit my flowers, but mostly they just politely zip up and over my fence to who knows where coming back loaded up with their spoils for the Hive.   Above and below Pansies and a Clematis. 
Bees are not just for Honey, do not underestimate the wondrous work they do to our gardens and crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment