Friday 8 July 2011

Dead Mice.

After the storms of the last couple of days I had a little wander round the garden to straighten things up, a few pot plants had blown over, some sun flowers needed straightening, bit of dead heading, when I came across 2 dead baby mice.  The first one I found was still twitching, and I initially thought, bring it in the house and rescue it, then I saw the second mouse and it became a plague!  I think I will put a few traps in the garage, really don't want them coming in the house, we had one in the house a few years ago, and it gave me the creeps. Really strange how two would die to close together, because of the bees I am very careful of pesticides etc.  Perhaps their mother was trying to move them because their home was flooded out.  Its the circle of life I guess, something will eat them over night.
Had a quick keek through my observation window, bees seem happy, really must get in there this weekend and have a proper look, and check on how Queen Kylie is doing. It will depend on the weather, and the neighbours sunbathing rituals.


 Dog is showing off his naked neck. He was bitten the other day and we have taken his collar off while it heals.  That will teach him to steal tennis balls from collies...although, he has been warned before.


I love poppies, inspires remembrance for lost ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment